Friday, December 27, 2013

Singapore Day 1: Vivo City (2013, Mar 7)


VivoCity  怡豐城  is the center-piece of Singapore's lifestyle hub at the Harbourfront Precinct, which also includes Sentosa, Mt. Faber, the Singapore Cruise Center and the St. James Power Station. If you're visiting Singapore, don't miss this place. From the clean lines of the Modern Japanese Architecture, to the cafes with a sea view... loads to see.

GETTING HERE
Located conveniently by the Ayer Rajah Expressway, there's a host of transport options to get you to VivoCity. By MRT, take the North East Line and alight at the HarbourFront Station.

VivoCity is open from 1000hrs to 2200hrs daily.
1 HarbourFront Walk, Singapore 098585
www.vivocity.com.sg

I started my VivoCity tour with window shopping. 

window shopping @ vivo city





I don't view my solo trips as trips-of-a-lifetime, or think about the destinations as places I'll never see again. That takes the pressure off and leaves me free to do what I want to do, so I really embrace my introvert time. I love roaming about "the vivacity" by myself. Sit around doing nothing, send a few text messages... and stop by Kopitiam to have my lunch. Two big food courts are available at Vivocity - Kopitiam (#B2-39) and Foodrepublic (#03-01). 

my lunch at kopitiam vivocity: char kway teow
On the upper level of Vivocity, there's an outdoor playground. It's really spacious and great for kids to run around in.
open air playground
You must go up to Level 3 at VivoCity. It leads to the outdoor area which is called Sky Park Amphitheatre and there's a splash pool out there. The architecture is curvy and interesting.

rooftop amphitheatre
The rooftop amphitheatre offers a platform to showcase the vibrant arts and cultural scene in Singapore.

rooftop amphitheatre

Sky Park is located at Level 3 of VivoCity. It has an outdoor amphitheatre and play pools, the size of four Olympic swimming pools, and...

...a series of International Art Collection:

There - an engaging sculpture of a man gymnast executing acrobatic moves from a horizontal bar perched more than 6 metres above a water feature.
Vivo Punch - a series of colorful and interactive figures that enthral and excite.
Aphrodite's Roses - a series of massive rose blooms that serve as outdoor seating.
Snowman - a towering 13 meters high snowman overlooking the waterfront to peer onto Sky Park.
Flower Tree - 1 6-metre tall spherical bouquet of colorful flowers blooms on the Harbourfront boardwalk.
Gogo - a 10-metre tall rocket sitting on the lawn.
Snowflakes - a giant snowflake perched on the rooftop.

I spotted the first 4 and missed out on the last 3 art collection.

there
there
vivo punch
aphrodite's roses
skinny snowman

 snowman looks out to sentosa
I like Vivocity mainly because of all the space (which is rare in Singapore malls which tend to be extremely crammed) and the excellent sea views.
sentosa island


the colorful kids train




Too much selfies sometimes can be annoying. Occasionally, I need to get a wide. Luckily I came across fellow countryman, a Batam resident, who help snapped a pic of me. Not bad!!!



The water park is huge. The kids will enjoy running around in the knee deep water. On another note, there are signs everywhere saying no swimming. 

vivo punch
vivo punch

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog...Very useful information is providing by ur blog..here is a way to find.

    Vivo Service Centre in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Bukit Bintang, Sungei Wang Hotel (2019, Nov 7-12)

I am never a backpacker, and since I tick most of the signs from "13 Signs You're Too Old to be A Backpacker" (traveller.com.a...