Monday, November 12, 2012

Kuala Lumpur (2011, Mar 12-14)


Spending 2 days layover in Kuala Lumpur 吉隆坡 ... where should I go? Strictly speaking it was merely 1 full day since I'd reach Downtown KL late, March 12, 8pm, stayed overnight at Apple Hotel-KL, spent 1 full day in KL March 13, laid my head down a few hours at Tune Hotels LCCT and got ready to catch my flight to Siem Reap at first break of dawn March 14.

What I had in mind was a free and easy leisure trip since Kuala Lumpur was the first stopover city of my 9D Indochina trip. Malacca
麻六甲? Nahhh... I had been there in 2006. Genting? Nahhh... Don't want to rush too much as my sis and I planned to reach Tune Hotels by early evening. Batu Caves? Not a good idea... Don't feel like climbing a steep flight of 272 steps. Had to save energy for my upcoming trip. What if pampering ourselves with shopping routine? Ah-ha!!! Why not? We were staying overnight at Jalan Alor anyway. It's in Bukit Bintang District for heaven sake!!!... a well-known shopping and entertainment strip. Congested by major shopping malls like Sungei Wang Plaza 金河廣場, Lot 10 樂天廣場, BB Plaza 武吉免登購物中心, Starhill Gallery 升禧廣場, The Pavilion KL and Berjaya Times Square 成功時代廣場
, this shopping paradise will definitely keep us busy.

Upon arrival at LCCT Airport, we proceeded to the Arrival Hall exit towards the bright yellow and blue Star Shuttle counter and bought an open ticket for RM 18 / pax / way. The express shuttle offers a direct service to numerous hotels in Bukit Bintang. For hotel list, check out www.starwira.com.


Having secured the tickets to KL in our hands, the next step was catching the first shuttle to Tune Hotels to deposit our backpacks. Wanna travel light to Downtown KL since it was merely an overnight stay in KL. I just needed my toiletry, sleeping gown and summer slip dress. Finding the shuttle drop-off and pick-up point was a piece of cake. It's directly opposite Domestic Arrivals exit point. The Captrans Van operates 24/7 365 at RM 1 / pax / way. To my surprise, the driver was the same young lad, my life-saver who drove me to the hotel when I arrived late at LCCT in 2009 :) For more review on Tune Hotels, check out my previous post: Kuala Lumpur, LCCT, Tune Hotels (2009, July 30). By the way, Tune Hotels provides luggage storage service at RM 3 / piece / day. Days run 14.00 to 14.00 for the purposes of pricing. A piece dropped off at 17.00 on Saturday and pickup on Sunday evening, is charged for 2 days. 


http://www.tunehotels.com/fee-hotel-schedule 

Jakarta, Soekanro-Hatta International Airport
Let's see if I still got that smile by the end of my 9D Indochina trip.

Tune Hotels Shuttle Drop-off/Pick-up Point
Opposite Domestic Arrivals Exit Point, operating 24/7 365.
Every 15mins between 04.45-16.15. Every 30mins between 16.15-04.45
Types of Transport: Captrans Van
Price: RM 1 / pax / way

Wantan Mee 雲吞麵
My brunch of the day at a kopitiam located in the crossroads of Jalan Alor and Jalan Changkat Bukit Bintang: Wantan Mee/Wonton Noodle 吞麵 yun2tun1mian4.

From where I come from, the dish is served dry in a bowl, garnished with slices of char siew
叉燒 (barbecued pork), fishcake, minced pork, beansprouts, leafy vegetables and boiling wantan soup in separate bowl. Later on while I roamed around KLCC food court to eat my dinner, I learnt my so-called wantan mee is called pan mee here. That's news to me.

This trip was a walking-down-the-memory-lane trip for me.
National Geographic
National Geographic
Integrated Rail System
Pedestrian Bridge
Bukit Nanas/Dang Wangi Interchange
Koryo-won @ KLCC
Tune Hotels LCCT
My Tune Hotels experience this year was way better than 2 years ago. I got Room 339, located in the outer wing, overlooking the parking lot.

Tune Hotels LCCT
Tune Hotels LCCT
Tune Hotels LCCT
Bathroom Sales Campaign
Room 339
Tune Hotels Back Wing




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bukit Bintang, Sungei Wang Hotel (2019, Nov 7-12)

I am never a backpacker, and since I tick most of the signs from "13 Signs You're Too Old to be A Backpacker" (traveller.com.a...