Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lao PDR, Vientiane (2010, Mar 16)



Laos isn't popular like its neighboring cousins when it comes to tourism and I felt glad it had been left out. I can had the country to myself.

Vientiane still retains its sleepy aura of a bygone era, but alas... is also in a hurry to embrace modernity. Foreign tourists are pouring in and the slumbering city is slowly beginning to awaken. I felt lucky again. Initially, it was for having the city for myself. Now it was for being lucky enough to witness the true face of Laos before it vanishes forever. 


Wattay Intl Airport







Patuxai Monument



The Park

The park around the monument was also teeming with people.

The Park
The Park




Vientiane, Saysouly Guesthouse
Saysouly Guesthouse
Saysouly Guesthouse
Saysouly Guesthouse
Saysouly Guesthouse  

Vientiane


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bukit Bintang, Sungei Wang Hotel (2019, Nov 7-12)

I am never a backpacker, and since I tick most of the signs from "13 Signs You're Too Old to be A Backpacker" (traveller.com.a...